Aerospace & Defense M&A
The COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented disruption across global aerospace and defense supply chains. The commercial aviation segment has been most significantly affected with aircraft OEMs and aftermarket providers facing the potential for an extended period of reduced demand. In many countries, defense spending is likely to come under increasing pressure as governments confront rapidly growing budget deficits.
Aerospace and defense M&A is likely to accelerate in response to these challenges. Well-capitalized suppliers and financial sponsors will see opportunities for consolidation, while reduced demand will force many weaker players to sell, restructure or exit the market entirely.
Aviation Week’s A&D Mergers and Acquisitions Conference will provide a unique opportunity for leading dealmakers, CEOs, business development specialists and analysts to gain valuable insights into the outlook, opportunities and challenges facing the industry. In partnership with Lazard and CSP Associates, this half-day virtual event will explore how these issues will shape the outlook for mergers and acquisitions following the U.S. Presidential and Congressional elections, and as we head into 2021.
Speakers and panelists will include CEOs from leading OEMs, private equity investors focused on the A&D sector, and leading advisors who will provide first-hand perspectives and insights.
Topics focus on key components driving the industry:
- The State of the Aerospace & Defense Industry: Implications for M&A
- Takeaways from third quarter results and U.S. 2020 elections
- COVID-19 recovery scenarios and implications for aircraft demand and defense spending priorities
- OEM and Top Tier supplier strategies
- Supply chain analysis with a focus on expected investor interest and M&A activity
- Supplier responses – impacts on the supply chain and how excess capacity will drive industry restructuring and M&A
- Investment Trends and Outlooks: Where Are the Opportunities?
- What do recent transactions and valuations suggest for the M&A outlook in 2021?
- With the potential for deep restructuring among segments of the A&D supply chain, what role will M&A play?
- Which sectors are likely to offer the best opportunities for supplier consolidation?
Who should attend?
The Aviation Week virtual A&D Mergers and Acquisitions Conference has been developed for professionals at all levels of the A&D industry, from middle market companies to OEMs, supply chain strategy executives, private equity investors, government officials, analysts and consultants, providing exclusive insights that enable them to keep a competitive advantage in these dynamic markets.
Delegates will gain new tools, information and relationships that will support and enhance their organization's growth opportunities.
KNOW. We deliver situational awareness in the form of accurate and credible reporting, deep data and experienced insights and analytics.
PREDICT. Our editors, event producers and analysts are committed to your future, creating articles, reports, conference topics and forecasts that help you see and act on trends in business, technology and customer/competitive activity.
CONNECT. Our databases, media channels, digital marketing tools and conferences link you directly with customers and prospects in all sectors, regions and job functions.